On Sunday 13 September, the Victorian Government announced a $3 billion package to help businesses impacted by ongoing restrictions and prepare for COVID Normal business.
Cash grants, tax relief and cashflow support will be delivered to Victorian businesses that have been most affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
For additional information on the package, visit Business Victoria.
On this page:
- Third round of Business Support Fund Grants
- Licenced Venue Fund
- Payroll tax deferred
- Sole trader support fund
- Outdoor eating and entertainment package
- Other aspects of the support program
Third Round of Business Support Fund Grants
Grants from this new round of the Business Support Fund will provide direct financial support to businesses in the sectors that remain closed, restricted or heavily restricted to assist them to survive the extended period of restricted trading.
Licensed Venue Fund
With grants of between $10,000 and $30,000 available for licensed venues of all shapes and sizes, this $251 million fund is available to bars, restaurants, pubs, clubs, hotels and reception centres. The State Government is also waiving liquor license fees for 2021.
Payroll Tax deferred
Sole Trader Support Fund
Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
Other aspects of the support program
- $20 million for small businesses to access off-the-shelf digital programs such as Shopify or Squareonline, training and workshops designed to help businesses adapt to online operations.
- Click for Vic, a new website and campaign aimed at encouraging Victorians to support local businesses.
- Export recovery package to address logistics and supply chain issues caused by the pandemic and establish new export channels.
- A competitive grants program to support business chambers and trader groups.