The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s workplace Mental Health Essentials program offers free mental health training and consulting to small and medium sized businesses who employ young workers and want to create mentally healthy workplaces.
You can participate in the Mental Health Essentials program if you employ a significant number of young workers (under 25) and are:
- a small business (less than 20 employees)
- a medium-sized business (less than 200 employees)
What does the Mental Health Essentials program involve?
An expert consultant will visit your business twice and provide the following services:
- Training for senior leaders and frontline managers on topics such as mentally healthy workplaces, mental health and the law and how to talk about mental health
- Assist you to draft a simple, achievable mental health action plan
- Provide mental health training for employees
The Mental Health Essentials program is supported by WorkSafe Victoria through the WorkWell Mental Health Improvement Fund. It’s free for small and medium-sized businesses.