COVID-19 (Coronavirus) resources for business
Stay up to date with latest advice and information via the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Businesses across the state can access information on dealing with COVID-19 by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15. Business operators calling the hotline will be able to get information about support services, including those available through Business Victoria, which offers mentoring to help operators develop business continuity and recovery plans.
- Business Victoria – Dealing with COVID-19
- Business Continuity Plan Advice
- COVID-19 Employer Guide – Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Managing the exposure to COVID-19 in workplaces
- Managing workplace entitlements and obligations if your staff are affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Preparing for a pandemic: a guide for employers
- Latest information on COVID-19 for exporters
- Smart Traveller – stay up to date with travel advice
- Consumer rights information
Supporting your staff
- Educate and keep your staff regularly updated about what steps your business is taking in dealing with the challenges
- Stress savvy in business and Heads Up for Small Business have advice and resources to help you look after your own mental health and manage mental health issues you may experience in the workplace.
- Support is also available to you and your employees from Lifeline (13 11 14) and Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat)
- Working for Victoria Fund to assist people who have lost their jobs at this difficult time.
Dealing with the financial impacts
- Stay up to date with State and Federal Government initiatives to provide assistance packages that your business may be eligible to apply for including the Federal Government’s stimulus package for Australian businesses.
- The Victorian State Government have announced an Economic Survival package. Register your interest.
- The Australian Tax Office have implemented a series of relief options
- Some banks can help your business. Discover how your bank can assist you through financial hardships that your business may experience
- CPA Australia have some useful resources for businesses
- Ask your landlord about a payment plan to ease the financial burden of rent payments
- Support for businesses facing retrenchment
Support local business
Support your fellow traders and continue to purchase essential goods and services from local businesses who will also need your support.
Business Advisory Service
If your business has been struggling through this period, you can attend a free session at our Business Advisory Service. Delivered by the Box Hill Enterprise Centre, we are offering these sessions to assist businesses in need of support throughout this economic downturn.
To book a spot contact us via email@example.com
COVID-19 business impact survey
Melbourne East Regional Economic Development Group (MEREDG) would like to gain an understanding of how COVID-19 is impacting your business. Your input will be used to inform local action and advocacy for assistance from other levels of government. Take the survey.
Online webinars, workshops and resources
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry are commencing a series of free, regular webinars. They are also offering free 12-month membership.
- ASBAS Digital Solutions are running three online workshops each week which are open to all eligible small businesses free of charge.