The Victorian Government has announced the return of stage three ‘stay at home’ restrictions within metropolitan Melbourne, including Manningham.
A summary of the restrictions on business are below. For more information on the restrictions, visit the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
On this page:
- Restaurants and cafes
- Shopping and retail
- Beauty and personal care
- Sport and exercise
- Working from home
- Entertainment and culture
- Tourism and travel
- Weddings and Funerals
Be Kind to Business Resource Pack
To assist Manningham businesses with reopening we’ve developed a set of decals and promotional material to help you get back to business and be COVID-19 safe. The Be Kind to Business resource pack is available free to Manningham businesses and contains:
- 1 X Be Kind to Business window decal
- 3 x Social distancing floor stickers
- 1 x maximum visitors poster
You can also download a copy of the maximum visitor’s poster to print at home.
To request a pack, please send us your details
Business Recovery Program
In support of our local small business community, Manningham Business have developed a program of webinars and short courses to help small business owners recover and grow their business.
The program offers the opportunity to meet with experienced business mentors, to develop skills in marketing and cashflow management, and to learn how to thrive in this new COVID-19 environment.
Visit our dedicated webpage for more information and to book into a session.
Restaurants and cafes
- Restaurants and cafes can open for take away and delivery only. Food courts will continue to be closed but restaurants and cafes within the food court can open for take away and food delivery.
- Pubs, bars, clubs, and nightclubs will be closed. They can offer take away or home delivery of food and alcohol only.
- Bottle shops are allowed to remain open.
Shopping and retail
- Retail business and markets can remain open subject to conditions
Beauty and Personal Care
- Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, spas, tattoo parlours and massage parlours must not operate.
- Hairdressing businesses can operate, provided they comply with requirements for record keeping.
Sport and exercise
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools will be closed.
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur.
- You can only exercise or undertake sporting activities outside with one other person or household members.
- You must be able to keep 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others.
- Some outdoor sport facilities will be closed. Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants, in addition to the instructor.
Working from home
If your employees can work from home, they must continue to work from home.
Entertainment and culture
Galleries, museums, cinemas, concert venues and theaters, amusement parks, and historic sites will be closed.
Weddings and Funerals
- Weddings will be limited to five people (the couple, two witnesses and the celebrant). You can travel to a wedding outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire if you are getting married, a witness or the celebrant, however the limits on the number of people will still apply (five people including the couple, two witnesses and the celebrant). You cannot travel to a wedding outside metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire as a guest.
- Funerals will be limited to 10 mourners plus those required to conduct the funeral. You can travel to a funeral outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire. The restrictions apply based on the location of the funeral
Tourism and Travel
- Holiday accommodation will be closed.
- No new holiday travel can be undertaken.