Cost: $30.00 – Bookings Essential
Understanding the feasibility of your business idea is just one of the skills you will learn in this practical workshop, joining a small group of people new to business in your local area.
Led by an expert with real life, small business experience, this workshop will cover all the essentials from evaluating business readiness, market analysis, determining the best structure, preparing a business plan and a step by step guide to getting registered.
There are no guarantees of success in business, but making the right moves at this early stage will ensure you start off on the right path. This workshop will also introduce a suite of great resources and templates to get you started.
All participants receive a free follow up one one one mentoring session with an experienced small business mentor who will tailor individual advice and information.
Take the guess work out of finding the right support and advice with this Small Business Victoria workshop that has been helping business get started for over 10 years.
Is this workshop for me?
If you have a great idea and are embarking on your first business journey, or are in the early stages of establishing a business, Starting Your Business will ensure that you have all the basics covered from the word go.
You will learn how to:
- Realistically access the feasibility of your business idea and establish how ready you are to go into business
- Decide on the type of business and company structure that is right for you
- Understand and manage both the opportunities for and risks to your business
- Develop a sound business plan
- Complete the essential steps to register and set up your business
As part of Starting Your Business Right workshop you will receive:
- A free one hour business mentoring session and advice tailored to your individual needs from one of our expert small business advisors
- A comprehensive and easy to use Starting Your Business Right workbook and reference guide packed full of tips, advice and handy reference resources
- Valuable networking opportunities with other first time and emerging business owners in your area
- A follow up pack containing the presentation slides, hints and tips and links to further resources
About your workshop leader:
Vickie Burkinshaw is a business facilitator, trainer, coach, writer and mentor providing inspiration and support to a range of businesses and social enterprises across Australia. She currently runs her own consulting business, helping people and organisations achieve positive change.
Her areas of expertise include start ups, change management, enterprise growth, business coaching and strategic planning.