Mental health is no longer the invisible elephant in the workplace. Managing employees who are experiencing stress, anxiety or some form of mental health condition has become a major challenge for employers today.
Let Luis Izzo, Managing Director of Workplace, Australian Business Lawyers and Advisors provide the clear guidance on how to nurture a safe and high-performing workplace, underpinned by compliance in workplace relations.
You will have the opportunity for a Q and A with Luis, to get answers around specific concerns or issues your business may be facing.
The key topic of the Workplace Assured Update includes:
- How to approach performance management, including termination of employment when the employee is no longer fit to perform the job
- Reading the early signs of depression, anti-social behaviour and underperformance. 1 in 5 Australian employees report that they have taken time off work due to feeling mentally unwell in the past 12 months
- Understanding Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- An update on the changes to casuals – your obligations as of October 2018.
- Employer rights in surveillance of employees
- Workplace Assured solution
- Understanding changes to long service leave
Cost : $25.00
About the presenter:
Luis Izzo, Managing Director – Workplace, Australian Business Lawyers and Advisors (ABLA) has over a decade’s experience practicing as a specialist employment and industrial relations lawyer acting for a broad range of employers across both the private and public sector.
Luis’ advocacy experience in State and Federal Courts and Tribunals is extensive. Luis acted as one of the lead employer advocates in the 2014/2015 Fair Work Commission Annual Leave Test Case as well as the highly publicised 2016/2017 Penalty Rates Test Case. Following heavily contested hearings in both proceedings, Luis ultimately succeeded in securing a raft of amendments to modern awards in respect of both annual leave and weekend penalty rates.
In addition to working in private practice, Luis has been seconded to the Australian Federal Police and the Fair Work Ombudsman, working on a variety of employment related litigation and prosecutions and is a member of the Law Society of NSW’s Employment Law Committee.
Luis and the ABLA team are the in-house lawyers for our Workplace Assured membership; a proactive national employment relations solution we offer at the Victorian Chamber. Our Workplace Assured team will also be present to discuss having access to ABLA, who won Employment Law Specialist Firm of the year 2018 at the Australasian Law Awards, through Workplace Assured.