Building and maintaining your own website can be cheap and relatively easy. This workshop provides a step-by-step guide to assist you with your online presence, including developing a strategy to get the most out of your efforts.
We will discuss WordPress and take a look at the dashboard and various key plugins, as well as covering free website builders. You will also learn how to choose the right theme/template for your website, and the importance of ensuring it is responsive (mobile friendly).
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How and where to buy domain name and website hosting
- How to structure a simple website
- The power of website builders and Content Management Systems
- About using open-source website builders such as WordPress
- Various functionalities and discover useful plugins to enhance your website
Not sure where or how to start your business website? Start by registering for this workshop.
Other events in this collaboration with Banyule Council:
- Introduction to Facebook for Business (Beginner – Intermediate)
- Boosting Your Facebook Presence through Advertising (Advanced)
- Implement Visual Marketing with Instagram and Pinterest
- Getting Started with Social Media
- Building Relationships with LinkedIn and Twitter
- Search Engine Optimisation for Small Business
These workshops are not hands on but are guided by Vivian Vo, Melbourne Innovation.