Stay up to date with the latest advice and information via the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
For information on safely reopening your business please see our dedicated page.
On this page:
- Financial support from Council
- Council’s business support program
- Contact our Business team
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter
- Business Resource Packs
- Financial support from the Victorian Government
- Financial support from the Australian Government
- Other financial support
- Online webinars and workshops
- Support for you and your staff
- Additional Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
The Business Victoria website and hotline provide information on restrictions and support to help your workplace plan and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19). Our Business team is here to speak with you about any concerns, or support you may need during this time.
Financial support from Council
Council’s Community Relief Package
Our package of relief measures aims to support Manningham residents and businesses affected by COVID-19. This includes:
- 50% discount on the next round of annual registration fees for footpath trading permits, food and health premises
- 50% discount on the next round of trader parking permits.
- Payment due date for the fourth quarter rates instalment has been extended to 30 June 2020
Learn more about our Community Relief Package.
If you are experiencing genuine financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 you can apply for a special payment arrangement with Council. Visit the Financial hardship webpage for more information about applying.
Council’s business support program
Business Advisory Service
Meet with a small business expert from Box Hill Institute Business Enterprise Centre. You will receive guidance and essential information in planning, running and growing your business. Held online on the second Tuesday of each month.
Business mentoring sessions
Date: Available by appointment.
Do you need help getting your business back up and running?
Experienced business coach Peter Blasch from Maverick Mentoring, will help you create some practical strategies to tackle your business’ challenges and grow your customer base and business in this new COVID-19 environment.
To register your interest, email us at email@example.com
Contact our Business team
Speak with a member of the Manningham Business team.
Subscribe to our Manningham Business e-newsletter
Subscribe to our e-newsletter to receive the latest business news, information and opportunities for small businesses in Manningham.
We’ve developed a set of stickers and promotional materials to help your business be COVID-19 safe. Request your free pack.
Financial support from the Victorian Government
The Victorian State Government has established a $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package to support Victorian businesses and workers through the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The package includes the following key programs:
- Payroll Tax Refund
Businesses with annual Victorian taxable wages up to $3 million will have their payroll tax for the 2019-20 financial year waived.
- Liquor Licence fees waived
Businesses that have paid for a renewable liquor licence for 2020 will be reimbursed their licence fee and those yet to pay will have the fee waived.
- Land tax deferral
Land owners due to pay 2020 land tax that have at least one non-residential property and total taxable landholdings below $1 million have the option of deferring their 2020 land tax payment until after 31 December 2020.
- Business Support Fund
Funding of $10,000 per business is available and will be allocated through a grant process. Applications have now closed.
- Working for Victoria Fund
The $500 million Working for Victoria initiative helps Victorians, including people who have lost their jobs due to the economic impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19), find new work opportunities.
- Fast tracking outstanding supplier invoices
- Commercial tenancies relief scheme
For commercial tenants and landlords, the scheme will provide a six-month moratorium on commercial tenancy evictions for the non-payment of rent for small to medium enterprises with an annual turnover under $50 million that have experienced a minimum 30 per cent reduction in turnover due to COVID-19. It will also provide a freeze on rent increases during the moratorium for commercial tenants.
- Payroll Tax Refund
Financial support from the Australian Government
The Australian Government’s economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic offers the following support for business:
- JobKeeper payment
Affected employers will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1,500 per eligible employee from 30 March 2020 until 27 September 2020. Read VECCI’s JobKeeper payment quick employer guide
- Boosting cash flow for employers
Temporary cash flow support to small and medium businesses and not-for-profit organisations that employ staff during the economic downturn associated with the coronavirus.
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
A temporary increase to the threshold at which creditors can issue a statutory demand on a company and the time companies have to respond to statutory demands they receive.
- Increasing the Instant Asset Write-off
The instant asset write-off threshold has been increased from $30,000 to $150,000 and expanded access to include businesses with aggregated annual turnover of less than $500 million (up from $50 million).
- Backing business investment
Businesses with a turnover of less than $500 million will be able to deduct 50 per cent of the cost of an eligible asset on installation, with existing depreciation rules applying to the balance of the asset cost.
- Supporting apprentices and trainees
If you employ an apprentice or trainee you may be eligible for a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of their wage paid.
- Boosting cash flow for employers
Other financial support
- The Australian Tax Office have implemented a series of relief options
- Some banks can help your business. Discover how your bank can assist you through financial hardships that your business may experience
- CPA Australia have some useful resourcesfor businesses
- The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsmanhas a my business health portal including information about COVID-19, business inbox and cash flow. The COVID-19 section includes information on finances and mental health resources.
- The Victorian Small Business Commission has information and a mediation service related to dealing with rent. The Victorian Small Business Commission offer a quick, low-cost mediation service that can help provide assistance with resolving small business disputes, including disputes over a retail lease. Their websitehas details, templates and FAQ’s on the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme to assist tenants and landlords communicate.
Online webinars, workshops and resources
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry are commencing a series of free, regular webinars. They are also offering free 12-month membership.
- ASBAS Digital Solutions are running three online workshops each week which are open to all eligible small businesses free of charge.
- Small Business Victoria’s program of workshops and events have moved online and are now free of charge.
Support for you and your staff
- Stress savvy in business and Heads Up for Small Business have advice and resources to help you look after your own mental health and manage mental health issues you may experience in the workplace.
- Support is also available to you and your employees from Lifeline (13 11 14) and Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat)
- Working for Victoria Fund to assist people who have lost their jobs at this difficult time.
Additional Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
Businesses across the state can access information on dealing with COVID-19 by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15. Business operators calling the hotline will be able to get information about support services, including those available through Business Victoria, which offers mentoring to help operators develop business continuity and recovery plans.
- Resources and information from Business Victoria
- Business Continuity Plan Advice
- COVID-19 Employer Guide – Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Managing the exposure to COVID-19 in workplaces
- Managing workplace entitlements and obligations if your staff are affected by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Latest information on COVID-19 for exporters
- Consumer rights information
- Your commitment to employees when working from home