1. The “Buy Local Manningham” Campaign 2019 (Competition) is being run and managed by Manningham Business, Manningham City Council, 699 Doncaster Road Doncaster Victoria 3108 (Proponent).
2. Entries to the Competition are deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
3. Failure by the Proponent to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any stage, does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. The Proponent may disqualify any entrant deemed not complying with the Terms and Conditions of Entry and the Entry Requirements.
5. Entry to the Competition is achieved by publically posting an original photo displaying an item, product or service purchased from a local Manningham business on Facebook or Instagram, and captioning the Facebook or Instagram post with the hashtag “#BuyLocalManningham”, in accordance with the Entry Requirements.
6. Photos may also be emailed to Manningham Business for the purposes of entry to the competition. The entrant acknowledges that these photos may be posted to the Manningham Business and/or Manningham Council Facebook and/or Instagram pages.
7. The Proponent reserves the right to use any photograph posted on Facebook or Instagram or emailed to Manningham Business in order to enter the Competition, for any marketing or promotional purpose, including to promote any future similar promotion (Permitted Use). By submitting images to enter the Competition, entrants grant the Council permission and a non-exclusive licence for all copyright and moral rights associated with submitted images, for the Permitted Use.
8. By entering and participating in the Competition, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook, Instagram and Council from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) the entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
9. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
10. Entries must be submitted to the Competition during the campaign period from 12.01am on Tuesday 1 October to 11.59pm on Saturday 30 November, 2019.
WHO CAN ENTER
11. Entry to the Competition is open to Victorian residents aged 18 and over.
12. Where an entry includes a photograph depicting a minor under the age of 18, the entrant must have permission from the parent or legal guardian of the minor before submitting the photograph.
13. Manningham City Council staff, contractors and Councillors are not eligible for entry to the competition.
14. Entry to the Competition is free.
15. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
16. Entry to the Competition is achieved by either posting an original photo displaying an item, product, or service purchased from a local Manningham business on Facebook or Instagram with the accompanying hashtag: #BuyLocalManningham and ensuring the privacy settings for the post are set to public OR by emailing the photo to email@example.com. Modification of an existing photo does not qualify as original photo for the purposes of these Entry Requirements. The entry must be from a customer or prospective customer to the business, and not a business owner, worker, or employee of the business represented in the entry.
17. All entries will be reviewed by a Council Officer for compliance with the Entry Requirements.
18. Entrants/Entries must not defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
19. Photos must not contain, as determined by the Proponent in its sole discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic, involves nudity, promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Proponent, Manningham City Council or its partners, other companies or people; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities, and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission; communicates messages or images inconsistent with positive images and or goodwill; and/or violates any law.
20. Photos deemed by the Proponent, in its sole discretion, to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Entry or the Entry Requirements, will be disqualified from the Competition without further notice.
WINNER DETERMINATION & PRIZE INFORMATION
21. The Proponent will select a weekly winner at Manningham City Council, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster, on:
• Monday 7 October for entries received between 1 October and 6 October 2019
• Monday 14 October for entries received between 7 October and 13 October 2019
• Monday 21 October for entries received between 14 October and 20 October 2019
• Monday 28 October for entries received between 21 October and 27 October 2019
• Monday 4 November for entries received between 28 October and 3 November 2019
• Monday 11 November for entries received between 4 November and 10 November 2019
• Monday 18 November for entries received between 11 November and 17 November 2019
• Monday 25 November for entries received between 18 November and 24 November 2019
• Monday 2 December for entries received between 25 November and 30 November 2019
22. Each Winner will be announced on the Manningham Business Facebook page. If the winner fails to respond to notification that they have won the competition within 72 hours of the notification being sent by the Proponent, a second judging will be conducted to determine a new winner as soon as practicable.
23. The winning entry will be judged by a panel comprising of representative of the Proponent, who, in their sole discretion will select a winner based on the following following criteria:
i) originality of the content;
ii) how the content best encapsulates the Manningham community; and
iii) the quality of the content.
24. Within 28 days of being notified that they have won the competition, each winner will receive a voucher to the value of $100 to spend at a predetermined local Manningham business. The winner must provide a postal address to receive the voucher or attend Manningham Civic Centre with appropriate identification to collect the voucher.
25. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize in this form.
PRIVACY – COLLECTION NOTICE
26. The Proponent and Manningham City Council are committed to compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data protection Act 2014 (Vic). All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Manningham City Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry. These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. You may access information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect. Copies of the Council’s Information Privacy and Security Policy, together with details of how you may contact Council, are located on Council’s website at www.manningham.vic.gov.au