Manningham Business is seeking Expressions of Interest from Manningham Businesses to partner with us in this year’s Buy Local Manningham campaign.
About the campaign
The Buy Local Manningham 2021 promotion will run over 6 weeks from 25 October to 10 December.
The campaign encourages local Manningham residents to support local businesses by shopping and dining locally.
The seven week campaign is a celebration of business success and resilience – encouraging people to enter the competition by nominating a business who has shown excellence during the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns. Tied in to the Manningham Business Excellence Awards – all nominations in the Buy Local competition will automatically entered into the 2021 Awards (with no input from the business required).
Residents and businesses are also be encouraged to upload photos of local purchases to social media using #buylocalmanningham and spread the Buy Local message through the use of this hashtag.
Four winners (1 per fortnight) will receive a $500 hamper of goods and vouchers from local partner businesses around the municipality. These will be drawn, at random, on 8 November, 22 November, 6 December and 13 December and announced on social media the same day.
Business Involvement – what is required
- Post the Buy Local Manningham message on your business social media page using #buylocalmanningham
- Encourage (in person and online) customer participation in the competition
- Display marketing material, including small counter top display, during the competition period
- Participate in a short interview – photo/text or video – explaining why people should shop local which will be used across Council platforms to promote the Buy Local Manningham message.
- Provide a sample of the (long life) product available from your business – to be donated to form part of one of the fortnightly prize hampers.
- Be able to provide at least one gift voucher to the value of up to $50 (to be purchased by Manningham Council) for fortnightly winner.
Benefits for Business
- Promotion on Manningham Council and Manningham Business social media pages and in other marketing material.
- Inclusion in a list of participating businesses on Manningham Council website to direct locals to your business to enter the competition
- Point of sale brochures and shop front poster provided during competition period to promote your participation in the campaign
- Prize winners get a sample of the products available at your business and a gift voucher to encourage them to shop/dine locally in your business.
- Wider promotion of your business through your customers social media channels
- Encouraging residents to stay and support local businesses keeps the money within the community and employs local people
- Business must be based in Manningham Council area
- Business must have an active social media presence
- Selection for participation in the competition will allow for industry sector and geographical location diversity
Buy Local - Business Partnership EOI