Advertising or signage at your home based business

What kind of advertising signage can I have?

In all residential zones, home based businesses are permitted to have signage which displays business identification information.

A total of 0.2 square metres of advertising is permitted without a planning permit.

The information which is acceptable on this sign includes:

  • business name;
  • short service description;
  • contact number.

For any sign not meeting these requirements, you must apply to Council’s Statutory Planning Team on 9840 9333.

You can also contact Business Victoria on 13 22 15 or visit the Business Victoria websitefor more information.