Home Based Business


What kind of advertising signage can I have? In all residential zones, home based businesses are permitted to have signage which displays business identification information. A total of 0.2 square metres of advertising is permitted without a planning permit. The information which is acceptable on this sign includes: business name; short service description; contact number. […]

Is my business appropriate to run from home?

Council has certain requirements for home based businesses. These requirements help to ensure that your business won’t have a negative impact on your neighbours or the neighbourhood. The most appropriate businesses or occupations to be conducted from the home are those where: Only one employee who does not live in the home works in the […]

Is my house appropriate for a business?

A house that is to be used both for living in and for running a business needs to be big enough to accommodate both uses. You might like to consider the following list before you turn your home into a home based business: Is there adequate parking available on site for your customers? Is there […]

Starting a Home Based Business in Manningham

Council will consider a number of factors before granting a permit to a home based business, including parking, storage, landscaping and amenity issues.  A permit is not required if the home occupation meets the requirements of Section 52.11 of the Planning Scheme. A permit is required if: Two people who do not live in the […]